Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Papa Doc...on the Seas

 Tuesday had Papa Doc (AKA Jim) lifting the anchor and starting down the river to the Bay and on to Norfolk, VA.  It was an AWESOME day for sailing..little white caps on the river and a northwestern wind that was just perfect.  Though I am not on the seas with him, I can only imagine the "glory" he was in!  As for me...I am walking, walking, walking..through towns that are quaint and familiar; rented a bike yesterday and did peddling her, there and everywhere.  COurse, I am also stuffing myself with seafood...Maryland Cream of Crab soup with sherry is to "die for" at the Fish Whistle in Chestertown..about 12 miles from me.  Washington College is located there, so it is a bit larger and more interesting than Rock Hall, which caters to the clammers and sailors!  (Needed the library yesterday only to find out it is opened only every-other day...a one room blessing for the town!)Environmentally, this is TRULY where "fall" was named"...it is beautiful...leaves, chill in the air, winds, clear skies, countless stars...well...terrific.  This has been the BEST start to retirement for this duo...al systems "GO" and being fully enjoyed.  May you'all enjoy your day....

No comments: